Friday, August 6, 2010

So much to do!

It's been just under a week since we moved in, and I'm LOVING it so far! It's a place of my own! My living room, my kitchen, my bedroom, my bathroom!!! And Emma's, of course...

So far, we've:
-thoroughly cleaned all the kitchen cabinets and walls and doorways (my rag was DIRTY!! Gross!)
-got our kitchen unpacked and set up, complete with a pantry for our food since cabinet space is limited.
-finally arranged our furniture in the living room (not permanent, but works until we get another couch - we've got so much room!!)
-scrubbed. the. crap. outta. the. shower. Holy cow, it was bad. And holy cow, it's clean now.
-mowed TWICE and raked up the 1 1/2 inches of dead grass that covered the top (the last tenants were kind enough to NOT mow the previous 2-3 weeks before they moved out)
-seized the mower engine because the grass was so wicked long and it was low on oil (mowers need oil?!)
-set up our internet!
-subsequently broke said internet within 5 minutes
-called and got it fixed for sure. High speed internets, here we come!

It doesn't seem like much, I know. But I've given up most of my evening activities just to get stuff done! (I only have 4 hours to work with since I try to start getting ready for bed at 8:30)

Things we still need to do:
-repaint all the trim and doors and cabinets in kitchen and bathroom (surprisingly, yellow white and true white do not go together...hmm...)
-repaint my furniture (got my paint, just need to get on it...hopefully tonight)
-organize my room - I'm still in shambles because I have no furniture yet!
-paint the kitchen! We're thinking burnt orange...it'd be a nice contrast to the white cabinets, stove, and fridge.
-paint my room - some shade of light grey I think... I don't have a whole lot of confidence in my color palate choices, especially after my run in with dark grey/navy fiasco. BTW, they did let me exchange the paint, contrary to their policy on returning tinted paint. I think it was the fact that I went well over 100 miles out of my way to find a single quart of paint. Ridiculous.
-find a color scheme for the awesome living room we have
-create my frame-art. I've got this wicked awesome idea for wall decor. Pictures WILL come
-figure out curtains for our living room - the slat blinds are NOT going to cut it.

So much to do, but so much potential!! Way excited about this!

1 comment: