Monday, October 11, 2010

Ah reunions....

Why, hello!! Remember me?! Oh, you don't? Hm...well, I suppose I can't blame you. I've gotten particularly good at saying, "We should definitely get together!" (write a blog) and then totally fail at any attempt to reconnect, whether it's for lack of material or motivation.

Well, get ready for a purge of epic proportions. (Maybe.) Holy crap, it's been forever since I blogged...

It's been 2 months in the duplex, and I'm still, as Paige refers to it as, "nesting". I very much associate this phrase with being pregnant and preparing the nursery, and since I have not been with a man nor received any divine message from God (as I'm pretty sure there's just one Messiah, not two to come), there is certainly no bun in the oven. Whatever you want to call it (anything but "nesting"), it's been fun.

Trim has been painted (while on steroids, which are incredible, by the way. No wonder athletes take it!), cabinets have been organized, basements have been deflooded, mold has been removed, furniture has been arranged... it definitely feels like home now.

So besides making my home feel like my home and working, what have I been up to that has kept me so busy and away from you all?

Taxes.

I know it's not tax season yet, but it's quickly approaching, and soon I will be sitting behind a desk either delivering delightful news that the government garnished more than they should have and you get to pay off credit cards from Christmas shopping or breaking the devastating news that you claimed far more exemptions than you should have and unfortunately, you owe quite a sum. Can't wait, really.

I have to admit though, I am a bit of a tax nerd. It's like a puzzle really, and if you fit just the right pieces together, something marvelous can come of it (i.e. money!). I've enjoyed doing them thus far, but part of that may be that when the information is presented to me, it's all nice and organized within 2 or 3 pages of my textbook, and it's not all mashed into a shoebox where possible tax deductible receipts and paystubs have resided for the year.

Well, it's time to close, for now. Just like you shouldn't feed a buffet to a starving man (his body can't handle the mass quantities of food that he's not used to), I will refrain from delivering every juicy detail from the past 2 months. I'll be back though. With pictures. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment