Monday, June 13, 2011

Slightly Misleading...

Today, Terry came into my office to grab the next client's file; instead of his cheery greeting, he looked me in the eye, completely serious and had the following conversation with me:

Terry: You're in big trouble! (as he swats me with the file)

Me: (with what I'm sure looks like sheer terror in my eyes) What....?

Terry: You're in trouble! You didn't go!

Me: (panicking as I'm frantically trying to think of what meeting I was supposed to go to with him, which I've never done before) I didn't....what?!

Terry: says client's name. You didn't do it!

Me: thinking, "I did everything you told me to!! What did I forget?! What would he be mad about?! He's never mad!! What did I do!?!?!" (and I'm sure that look of sheer terror has only intesified by this point)

Terry: You skipped bootcamp this morning!! (the client is in bootcamp with me)



Are you kidding me?!?! OH MY WORD TERRY!!!! NOT ok!!! I have never panicked as much as I did in those few seconds! He claims he had no intention of scaring me like that, but seriously...who does that?!?!

I have to admit, it's really funny now. And I still think he's a fantastic boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment