Thursday, July 7, 2011

Running isn't a pretty sport.

'Bout time for a blog, eh? I know, it's been a while...

I just got back from running my first 5k of the year around Ada Hayden in my brand spankin' new running shorts that I got today.

I hate them.

If all running shorts have the same function and cut, then I do not know why they exist. I don't know whether it was my running stride or the fact that I get a tad bit damp when I work out (erm....a lot. a lot of damp.) or my booty just fills up the back of them so there's no where else to go, but those shorts were riding UP. At first I thought it was normal for running shorts. "Yeah, this is severely uncomfortable, but maybe this is what everyone looks like?"

That thought lasted 10 steps and then I saw someone. Yeah...shorts aren't supposed to look like this. ~sigh~ I'll stick with my thick cotton yoga pants, I guess. (and why is there so much extra fabric up front?!)

On a more positive note, I beat my last 5k time by a few minutes. Granted, I didn't have a stopwatch to get an official time, but I left my car at 8:05 and got back just before 8:40 including a warm up and cool down walk of about 5 minutes each AND I had to stop a few times to adjust the shorts of doom and I saw my old boss so I chatted a bit. Wow....I seriously dominated that run! Whoooo!!

I'd mention again that I have lofty running goals for this summer, but I'm pretty sure that we've already proved "the boy who cried wolf" theory on that one so I'll lay it to rest for now. (Until I accomplish my goals and then I'll rub it in your face, but because we're friends, you'll be proud of me and celebrate.)

In the meantime, I'll be icing my shins and waiting for my naturally pale skin to replace the cherry red face I get for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment