Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Small world!!

So I'm doing this role play crisis thing for the next few days. I get all done up with incredibly realistic wounds and I have to be saved by Iowa's first responders and the National Guard. You want me to play the 'damsel in distress' (with a bone sticking out of her leg because of an open fracture)? Hella yes.

So today we had orientation for the whole shpeel. I sat next to this nice looking girl and we chatted for a bit. Since we're both in the same group, we exchanged names and phone numbers. Then we sat there for the next 5 minutes thinking to ourselves, "Hmm....Lampe/Henderson sounds so familiar..." Turns out our dads worked together in Waverly and she was really good friends with my sister. We had fun making fun of the people who asked the same question over and over again.

"So what are we supposed to bring? Do I need an extra pair of clothes? What time do we need to be there? Can I bring my fanny pack?" All legitamate questions (other than the fanny pack question - fanny packs are SO out of style), but it gets ridiculous when the same 5 people keep asking the same 4 questions. Listen people!!

Anyway, I'm putting in 19 hours of playing the victim tomorrow. It'll be fun, but very very long. I'll be keeping my NoDos pills close by. Phfew!!

1 comment:

  1. role playing with bones out yo leg! nice!

    ReplyDelete