Monday, June 1, 2009

You're ridiculous.

But I'm probably more ridiculous for reasons far too many to list here.

It's been bugging me lately that my pinky that I broke in high school isn't straight. My hands aren't symmetric anymore. Granted, they haven't been for 5 years, but it bothers me more now. There isn't anything I can do about it though, short of rebreaking it and taking it to a DECENT doctor who can fix it straight. (The break didn't hurt that much the first time. I laughed the entire time. How bad could it be now?)

The job search continues. In case I haven't asked yet, if any of you know of any place hiring, please hook me up. I'm 4 weeks without a job now, and buying my food with blood money. (If that doesn't cry desperate, I don't know what does)

Speaking of jobs, WTF is up? (frick, not that other naughty f-word I can't bring myself to say or type) Since when did businesses start hiring people who don't care about customers, haven't handed cash transactions, and don't want to serve or work hard for their money?

Not to say I have seen these people in these businesses, but they sure aren't hiring the people who do have a great work history and ethic, have dealt with cash like it's play money, and desire to serve the customer (aka, me).

I'm still trusting, I'm praying, I know God will come through. I don't know His plan, I don't know what He's teaching me (other than patience, faith, trust, perserverance, humility, and a focus on Him - I'm clueless otherwise), but I know He has a purpose for this period of hard times for me.

In closing, I would like to say just how terrible it feels to get flat out rejected by a computer application. You spend 45 minutes giving your typical info, you answer all their questions, and then at the end of it all, you apparently don't qualify for a cashier job even though you've been doing that kind of work for 8 years.

It's almost as bad as being rejected because you don't like someone's beady little eyes, nasty hair swoop, and stupid little hip dance. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment