Monday, October 12, 2009

Still freezing. So cold. What happened to sweatshirt weather? We went from warm t-shirt days to needing the big winter coat. I miss the comfy sweatshirt days. :(

I took my guitar in to Reimans to get the neck on my guitar straightened (it was really bowed and it made playing very hard). A few minutes later, the guy came out and said it was much better. And then:
Him: "There's a little problem with your strings though; [plays a few chords, and one of the strings buzzes really bad] one of your strings is broken."
Me: "Yeah, I need knew strings. I plan on getting them soon"
Him: "And, um.... do you even HAVE a tuner?"
Me: [embarrassed] "Well, yes, but...."
Him: "Cause it's REALLY out of tune. One string was an entire step off, a few were sharp, a few were flat..."
Me: "Yeah, I'm learning a song where I have to drop the A to a G."
Him: "No, it's just out of tune. Badly."

Yeah, so I'm the guitar chick who clearly doesn't actually play her guitar. Fantastic.
On the flip side, I was referred to this guy on youtube who will walk you through a song and teach the strumming patterns and everything; he's kind of amazing. I learned "Flood" by Jars of Clay in half an hour. I feel way cool now. :)

I'm loving the missions internship! I've got the Perspectives website up and ready (just need to make a few changes) and I'm really excited to get registration started. With that said, go recruit family and friends! Send them to www.perspectives.org/ames!! The class is totally worth the cost! (Or, for those of you not in ames, you can search for a class nearest you - Pella, Des Moines, and Danville all have one. There are more too!)

Battery dying. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment