Tuesday, October 13, 2009

tmi?

Yesterday as I was cramming Kleenexes in my nose to keep from blowing every 5 minutes, I thought to myself about how attractive colds are. And how good of an excuse it is to do something dumb and maybe (hopefully) gain sympathy instead of ridicule.

Today, Mr. Cold took it to a whole new level. While we're not full blown I'm-taking-over-your-face yet (and I'm going to try to keep it that way), we're starting the aches, joint pain, and chills. I don't remember colds being so hard on your body! Anyway, I'm staying home tonight to try to give my body a rest since I was up and out all day. Hopefully we still have some DayQuil in the cabinet...

In other news, I love love love my dad. I met up with him in Ankeny to watch Lauren's volleyball game and it was so good to hang out with him. He took me out for dinner and grocery shopping and we had a lot of good talks. I'll definitely miss him a ton when I eventually move away. ~sigh~ If only I could take all the things I love with me when I leave... It would make everything so much easier!

Update:
The pathetic frozen popsicle has returned; I've resorted to wearing my big sweatshirt and thick socks, sitting on the kitchen floor next to the oven while my frozen pizza cooks while keeping my warm laptop in my lap.

Winter is SO going to kick my butt this year.

1 comment:

  1. Laptops are such good warmers! We bought a heated mattress pad last winter when we lived up in Central Wisconsin - Highly recommend it! We put it on our bed already. So warm!

    ReplyDelete