Sunday, January 31, 2010

Part 3: Where I am now

Ah, back to real life, the life as a post-graduate and alumni of ISU. Well, not quite, as I haven't had a job, and for a while, a place to stay permanently.

While I wouldn't say I was what Christ described as "the least of these", I was definitely in need when I got back. I had my part time job at Cornerstone (where I spent a week catching up on my hours), so I needed to stay in Ames. Several friends offered their dorm rooms or houses to let me spend the night, but I really hated imposing on them; I don't want to be a burden! I also reached a point where I needed to apply for the Food Assistance Program; talk about a low blow to your pride... But, thank you God, the body of Christ stepped up and blessed me abundantly. I had a friend who, when she found out I didn't have a regular place to stay, commanded me to stay at her place the rest of the week and left her debit card with me for any needed expenses I had that I couldn't cover. God, bless her!

After a week, I moved in with Justin and Sarah, and it's so amazing. I really am so grateful to them! They've been a huge blessing, and are so great to live with!

Then, God opened His blessings door, and provided me with the job we've been praying for for months! LisaGrace is moving to Iowa City in the summer and asked if I wanted her position. After talking with her bosses, she told me they'd like to start me immediately instead of in June!

God, You are holy and so sovereign! You knew all along!!

I'll start this week, and am so excited to start paying off debts and building a strong financial foundation for myself! To help guide me and make the right financial decisions, I started the Financial Peace University class today. I have such a desire to honor God with what He has given me!

About a week ago, I spent an hour looking back through my posts and seeing how far God has taken me this past year. A lot has happened! I realized my purpose and where I want to ultimately end up in life (in missions), I battled over and over again to guard my heart (sometimes failing, sometimes winning), I was forced to trust God on several occasions to provide for me in difficult situations, I finally became content with my singleness, I did a rather spur of the moment trip to China, and SO MUCH MORE. Since choosing to follow only Him nearly 2 years ago, I have grown emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. I know what I need and love and hope for, and I love who God is shaping me into (as I let Him...). Which brings me to my 2010 goals...

I know I'm doing this a month late and all, but I had more important things to deal with than resolutions (job, where to live, how will I buy food?!). I've always been terrible with them, but I have a new vigor for them now. I've been inspired by a few friends, and I have a true desire to move forward with where I am now! New year, new decade, new rules. And to help keep me accountable, I've given you a list over there.
<---
I'll add to it and update as I go (and if anyone knows the html for the 'strikethrough', I'd greatly appreciate it!)

And, to solicit more comments, what do you think of the new web-do?

2 comments:

  1. didn't know you had a blog! cool to hear what's going on with you! love you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. strike or s in the <> for your html request. I love da google. So glad you have a job. It feels good to be able to support yourself (most of the time).

    ReplyDelete