Saturday, February 20, 2010

Harder than I thought

Like I said in my last blog, I'm giving up all internet related things (with the exception of blogspot and gmail) in lieu of seeking God more. It's only been half a week, but MAN is it hard!! I didn't realize my tendency was this strong! I made a list of things that I wanted to do Thursday and Friday evening and Saturday afternoon, but when those times came, I threw myself a little pity party because I couldn't do the thing that I wanted to do (or rather, the thing that's become a worthless habit). I DID get some stuff done like finding myself a sweet dresser, finishing a wall decoration, sorting through my closet to find exactly what little nice clothing I own, reorganizing, finishing a book, and picking up some sweet music. I recommend A Fine Frenzy; I'd pull up a video on youtube for you to listen in on, but that's already proven to be a land mine of wasted time. (Though I did find this SWEET video of funny asian people)

The book I finished is called Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller - amazing. I've ALWAYS wanted to go on a road trip through the country; no agenda, no time constraints, just you, some friends, and some sweet God time. This book only makes me want to do it MORE. Favorite line:

And if these mountains had eyes, they would wake to find two strangers in their fences, standing in admiration as a breathing red pours its tinge upon earth's shore. These mountains, which have seen untold sunrises, long to thunder praise but stand reverent, silent so that man's weak praise should be given God's attention.

I seriously get chills every time I read that. Oh, Donald Miller...you are most definitely one of my favorite authors.

I've still got some discipline issues to work on, but it's marked improvement from the way I used to spend my evenings. Hopefully, I'll get to a point where I can actually complete things in one evening, instead of getting distracted. I'd also like to get to a point where I can actually drag myself out of bed early so I can read or pray before I leave for work. I know I am capable, but I am so not willing to do anything at 6 am. At that point in time, there is no thought of honoring Christ; I am 100% self-centered.

We'll get there...we'll get there.

1 comment:

  1. danielle. i just left you a really long comment. and then didnt save it i guess?

    anyway.

    the gyst of it was this.

    they need missionaries that are accountants.
    and i think you're pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete