Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh Technology...

We've never been good friends; perhaps that's my fault. I've refused to get to know you at all. Quite frankly, you scare me. You require more knowledge than I possess or could even hope to understand. Nobody likes a complicated person; don't you know that?

I knew you were bitter against me, but I never thought you'd take your retribution on me with such great vehemence.

You smote my car!
You gave my ipod amnesia!
And there is a technological curse upon our office!

You're just plain mean. It's a cruel trick to wreak havoc on simpletons' lives just to watch and laugh maniacally while wringing your hands or perhaps petting a fluffy white cat (Technology=Dr. Claw?)

But I wanted you to know you haven't bested me.
I'm READY for repair costs thanks to the emergency fund I've built up over the past month.
I backed up my favoritest music last summer when my laptop threatened destruction (and accomplished said self-destruction AFTER my backup was complete) and will only lose maybe 2 or 3 "kinda want" artists. In fact, thank you for helping me finally clear out the music I don't mind but couldn't bear to rid of because of my indifference.

As for our office....well, we'll consider it this way.
Technology: 1 Danielle: 2

I win.

1 comment: