Monday, March 8, 2010

Down but not out

Another book down, and we're just over one week into March! Psh, this book thing is easy!

Last week was rough though. I was exhausted all week and had no motivation or energy to do anything. I could have (and maybe did a few times) cast blame on different activities that sucked my energy, but truth be told, I sucked. I stayed up late, accomplishing nothing (meaning no prayer time or Bible reading) and while I made use of my time, it was not a God-honoring use of my time. I need to seek Him more throughout the day, including mornings and evenings. God should not be reserved for a specific time slot of my day; I should be focusing and meditating on Him continually throughout.

Despite last week being pretty rough (by my own doing), I still feel closer with God and more at peace than I ever have. In the past, having a bad week like that may have gotten me down, and I would have given up; that's just how I dealt with failing God. But THANK GOD, His mercies are new every day!

I thought of a funny China story today:

During the last week of our trip, we visited the Great Wall. Beijing had just been hit with a blizzard of epic proportions (by Beijing standards, considering they didn't have shovels), and it was so cold! Before we made our trek up the mountain of stairs before us, we decided on brunch at Subway to warm ourselves up. When we entered, they had some awesome techno music going on, and being the attention-drawing Americans that we were, we started a 'rave' within Subway while waiting for our orders to be taken. Full out American dance party! It was so awesome! But the funny thing was, the Chinese Subway workers could care less about the scene that was in front of them; we were completely ignored! Mind you, we weren't dancing to draw attention; what better way is there to warm up than to bust a move? But honestly....if a bunch of foreigners came into your store and started dancing up a storm, you'd at the very least watch, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Heck, even in the US - if you started dancing to the music in a Subway, I'd look... Maybe even stare!

    That is, unless, I came in with you. In which case, I would try to sneak out the door. =)

    ReplyDelete