Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I had a blast this week with family! Thursday, we had the family come to our new house in Newton and had Thanksgiving dinner there. We stuffed ourselves silly and games followed for the next few hours until we were all exhausted.

Today, the ladies of the house went to Iowa City and shopped all day. Though I had nothing to get, I went along anyway and had a great time with all of them. Once again, I'm reminded of how much I love my family and need them.

It was funny though... Walking through the mall, I have never been approached by the center aisle merchants, but today, an aggressive woman approached and practically demanded that I come and get my makeup done with her mineral makeup. We were leaving, so I had to decline but she persisted even while I was walking away. Yikes... Not even 5 minutes later, I was aggressively approached again, only this time, for my hair. "Please! Let me do your hair!" Again, I declined, and again, she continued to persist. My goodness!! Do I really look that bad!? Thankfully, as we passed the "eyebrow booth" (seriously, there was one there), I was not approached. At least my eyebrows are ok...

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the family cat and Panther, my rabbit, have become fast friends! They were playing in the living room, chasing each other around when we arrived home from Iowa City. Yay! I was wondering how well they would get along, especially when they would have to spend the weekend together. Turns out there was nothing to worry about. :)

Tomorrow is Mom and Dad's anniversary party. A lot of problems have come up, unfortunately, but it should all work out. I refuse to stress out over this!

I am so glad to be here with my family this year! I'm more grateful for them than ever! And I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment