Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's been a while...

God's still moving and I'm still changing. Again. (The fact that I keep repeating my blog title in normal conversation with people is getting annoying. I didn't realize how true it was going to be!!)

No CPA for me! After MUCH prodding, I realized that the only reason I was getting my CPA was because I had received that scholarship and thought that was what God wanted. But I have NEVER wanted my CPA! In fact, up until I got the scholarship, I was adamant about not getting it. I just didn't see it in my future plans (of course, none of my original future plans have worked out...). So it begged the question: why would God have me do something I've never wanted to do? (Speaking, of course, outside the realm of His commandments) It didn't make sense to sacrifice all the work, school, and money for something I have absolutely no desire for. In addition, the only reason I would have the CPA is for the title; most get their CPA for the money, but as far as I know, there isn't much of a chance in raking in the cash while working within missions.

Admittedly, I feel like I have to defend myself on this, though no one is attacking me for my decision. Maybe it's the "oh, I see you're changing your plans AGAIN, eh?" look I get. Or maybe it's just me being overly-defensive.

But I digress.

There's no need for extra school, so I get to graduate in December 2009 again!! I can't tell you how good it feels!! I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! It will be kind of sad - this chapter of my life is FINALLY ending (I never thought I would be going to school with Shane who is 5 years younger than me), and I'll officially be one of those grown up people with a real job - a REAL person, if you will.

In other brief news:
*I flexed my management muscles once again and feel VERY good about the end result
*I have no work and no school for the next week: I plan on investing my time in biking, reading, listening to music, socializing, and looking for a full time job
*I get to visit with my missions mentor on Wednesday! Sooooo excited! (no offense, Jordan. :))
*I'm home in Newton for the next day or two, spending time with the family. Today we hiked through the timber in our backyard and ended up mushroom hunting. I hate mushrooms, and ironically, found the most.
*My feet are cold.
*I frickin' love worshiping.
*My little sister is way way better than me on guitar. And that kinda bums me out. I've been practicing so hard...

It's time for a delicious supper of chicken lips, fried morel mushrooms, and smores with a campfire. Woot!! (I love coming home!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment