Friday, April 24, 2009

Guys. Seriously. My friends rock my face off. On a regular basis.

I turned 23 this past Tuesday - feels old to me because I'm surrounded by young-uns (at work, in class, at SALT, you name it). But it's so awesome to look back to last year and see how far I've come.

After surrendering everything to God last March, I've been under constant construction. There have been times where I've fallen back, but God is so amazing and faithful and continues to draw me closer and closer to Him. I'm craving Him now more than I have in so so long! I desire to live for Him and let Him bless me (since His plan is so much better than anything I could have ever figured out).

And I never thought being single could have done what it has for me (if that makes any sense at all...). I've grown so much the past year, becoming my own person, discovering what I like and what I desire in life and where I struggle the most. Throughout it all, it's so good to know that God's totally doing it all and showing me what He wants me to become and rejoicing with me on our journey! And while I struggle sometimes with my "relationship status", I've become content with where I am and I'm enjoying my season of singleness. Looking at couples like Paige and Todd, and LisaGrace and Brian, it's so much easier to put everything in perspective and say, "Yeah, I could wait for a love like that. It's so worth it!" So thank you, guys!

And speaking of good friends, I absolutely adore all of mine! This past birthday was so amazing - probably one of the best I've had (no joke!). I became a full-fledged grown up this year and worked my entire birthday (till midnight) so party plans were near non-existant, or so I thought. Turns out, my roommates were planning a surprise birthday party for me after SALT on Thursday. Totally blew me away - I had no idea! I'm so grateful and blessed for the relationships and friendships God has surrounded me with this past year!

This next year offers so much opportunity! I've got an internship with the State Fire Marshal (few days a week) that will give me some pretty awesome experience. This fall, I'll be helping Jodie in the missions office and getting more exposure to missions in the church. I plan on seeking more ways to serve within Cornerstone in the next year as well.

I'm so excited for what God has for me! I'm so grateful for His plan and purpose! Life would be so meaningless and directionless without Him.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing Dani - I love reading encouraging notes like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dani!!!!!!! happy birthday!!!!! (i knew it was in april, but i had forgotten which day.)

    i'd love to hang out with you again soon - i had a really great time last time.

    do wednesday or friday nights work to do dinner? let me know when you're free!!

    ReplyDelete