Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aw, man. I suck at being funny on purpose.

There's really no reason to tell you this, other than the fact that it's true. I've seriously contemplated blogging several times the past few weeks, but all I've got is a few updates that could be accomplished in a few sentences. Nothing amusNO WAIT!

Since it was the Friday before Thanksgiving Break and my student teacher for recitation knew that no one was going to show up, we watched a History channel special on "The Black Plague!" It started out talking about how nasty the plague was and how you could catch it even if someone breathed on you if they had it. (Thank goodness, you don't catch the plague from people just breathing on you even if they don't have it....although when raunchy breath is involved, sometimes you feel like you could) Oddly enough, some people survived for no apparent reason; they just had this crazy immunity to the disease.
enter Danielle's amazing ability to sleep anywhere at any time....
I wake up half an hour into class to deep thumping music and gyrations on the screen. Um....gross. Somehow they made a segue-way from The Black Plague to the AIDS virus... And now I'm thoroughly awkwarded out. Turns out some people, no matter what "risky" behavior they've involved with, cannot catch the AIDS virus. Ah, there's the connect.

Unfortunately for me, after that class, I just felt weird all day. Nothing like waking up from a nap to male gyrations and retro photos of men lounging pool-side. ~shudders~

Now for the update:
  • I'm cool if God moves me to Denison. I'll still have my connect to Cornerstone, and who could complain about that?
  • I'm packing my apartment. It's slow-going, but not because there's so much. It's because there's almost nothing to pack and it just feels weird seeing everything...empty.
  • I'M GOING TO CHINA.
  • 3 weeks of school. And then I will no longer hold the status that I have clung to (exaggeration) for the past 18 years. When asked for my occupation, I'll actually have to put an occupation. What will I choose?! There's just so many....
  • Speaking of which, I've only applied for one job and it's not looking promising that there will be any others. So here's to praying I get the job? (By the by, I did get a second interview. December 2nd. Pray. for. me.)
  • I'M STILL GOING TO CHINA.
  • I got new glasses. Way excited. :D
  • Still LOVING this November weather. Screw snow.
Yep, that's pretty much it. See you in 3 weeks.


1 comment: