Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm still not fully back yet

I am:
*utterly
*completely
*totally
*100%
exhausted.

But I had an AMAZING week last week.

The sad thing is no one cares to hear.

So you, lucky reader, get to hear all. Or a lot. Or maybe just a few pieces. I am quite sleepy...
(I considered not writing until I was fully awake. But that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining, now would it?)

Cornerstone Festival is frickin' amazing. I have no idea how the crap I have not gone until this year. And yes, you can say, "The people you go with can make the festival fun or not," but you'd be false. In my opinion, the festival rocks regardless of who you're with. I'd go back next year even if no one else did.

Awesome:
*fighting demons and weeping at the love of God while walking in the rain after a hard day of feeling rejected
*hearing Deas Vail and then getting a Deas Vail frisbee!!! (yeeeessssss!!)
*walking through the mud with bare feet
*hearing some incredible bands who have not made it big yet, but I'm sure they will
*hanging out in the mosh pit for Underoath (barefoot, mind you. my feet have a purplish hue now. it's not a punch to the back of the head (nearly happened) but I'll take what I can get)
*working at the coffee house and serving people (I loved chatting with complete strangers)
*the incredible weather. one warm day, one rainy day, the rest was perfect!!!!
***hanging out with friends and getting to know everyone better!!

Hilarious:
*nearly getting peed on by a little kid at midnight
*whoopee cushions
*leaking tents (no one but me found this amusing at the time, so I managed to keep my amusement to myself. but really? the chances of 3 tents leaking? funny stuff.)
*Walt drop kicking the sweet iced tea
*Rich!! (pronounced Rick)
*Bawls (it's so fun to be immature...)

Seriously, good time.

In other news, I read through some of my old blogs on myspace (I'm using it now for keeping track of bands) and...um....I was crazy. Very random, quite funny sometimes, and I found myself asking (...) me why I was with him so long? (there were a couple rant blogs that I'm REALLY hoping were privatized before I deleted them) It's interesting, nonetheless, to see exactly how far I've come, how much I've grown. I'm continually shocked that I'm not the same person I was 2 years ago.

So here's to another 2 years of changing for the better! (I've certainly got a good running at it!)

3 comments:

  1. you are wrong.
    i went to cornerstone with VERY cool people. it was still completely lame. ...and that was when there actually were bands i liked. it was rainy, our tent leaked, we played buck buck in the mud.. oh yes. it had its moments of fun.
    but over all, i'd rather just go camping with a bunch of strangers than pay a million dollars to hear crappy bands. haha.

    and a lot of those zombies were weak.

    but enough of raining on your parade :D (which you know i have way too much fun doing.)

    i'm glad that two years has come and gone and met you well. i get the same feeling when i read my old blogs. i'm all like "..man. no wonder no one wanted to be my friend. i don't want to be my friend." and then i feel bad for those who were.
    thanks for sticking by my stupidness all these years!

    i loooubbbeee youuuuuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo I'm about to get real defensive here.

    no, YOU are wrong. I loved a ton of bands there and I'm so glad I went because I heard a lot of bands for the first time that I now love. So eat it. Because cstone rocked, even without you. (i can fight back! :))

    yes, zombies may have been a LITTLE weak, but they were still funny to watch and THEY WEREN'T REAL so don't have any zombie-walking-experience.

    but regardless of how much you like phil collins and the beastie boys (gag), nuts of various sorts and other incomprehensible things, we can still be friends. and i love you.

    but i love bret bretterson more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. were the backstreet boys there? i'd have gone if the backstreet boys were there.

    ReplyDelete