Friday, July 31, 2009

New Post!

I love that, even when I'm not completely faithful, God blesses the attempts I make and give me joy beyond description. I've made it more of a priority to get into the Word on a daily basis and praying whenever I recall something that needs prayer (even if I pray several times a day about the same thing), and though it seems like my efforts are minuscule right now, God's been so amazing in helping keep my focus on Him and not on the crap (because that's what it is right now) around me. So much is not going my way right now, but I've got complete joy and peace in Him because my focus is on the eternal.

It's funny to see how Satan keeps trying to trip me up (see below), and several times the past few days, I've realized an attack coming from him and (hopefully) laughed in his face. Things are SO much easier to deal with when I recognize the source!

So funny story -
On Friday, I got home from work and turned off my car, pulled my keys from the ignition, and started to get out of my car. And my car starts on it's own. Well, tries to, really. The starter just wouldn't turn off! I was so completely baffled and thrown off. I mean, there's NO reason why a car should start on it's own, right?! I'm calling my dad, my mom, my house, my dad again, trying to get ahold of SOMEONE who might be able to tell me what to do. Then I grow up and go to the car place on my own. On the way there, I realize my anxiety, anger, frustration, and literally laugh at loud at how easily I can be distracted from God's hand on my life. He's got it all under control, why am I freaking out so much?! The old guy fixed it for me (took off my positive battery terminal) and all better. Fingers crossed, it won't happen again (and I saved $175+). But regardless, another attack from Satan thwarted. Nice!

Aaaand my laptop is 'fixed' thanks to the amazing Drew! The issue with slowness can be resolved by adding more RAM ($20). As much as I hate my computer, I think the reason I hate it is because of it's slowness. The RAM would apparently fix that and would probably be worth the money. So it's worth of a shot!!!

Time to go do my cousin's dishes for $5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment