Sunday, July 12, 2009

So, now that I've gone home and shown my parents, I feel I can share my news (not that it's big or anything): I got my tragus pierced. I fully expected them to not like it (they've always been against 'rebellious' things, and I assumed that included any piercings you couldn't get at Claire's). Reactions?

-Jenny thought I was pointing to my ear because she thought I was talking on the phone.
-Lauren thinks I'm turning into a hard core punk girl and I'll never be the same. (as if piercings change your personality)
-Mom immediately thought of how it's going to appear to potential employers (assuming my two-toned hair doesn't turn them off first...) and forbid me to get another. (I want another.)
-Dad was just grateful I didn't get my tongue pierced (guess the lip ring is out...)
-Amber says only lesbians have their tragus pierced. But after thinking a bit, decided maybe she'll get her's done too (after she does some internet research to reassure herself - she'll get back to me)
-Kimberly noticed and was excited for me - she suggested getting another (the one I want to get)
-A handful of people thought it was cool
-Other than that, no one else really cares (didn't think they would)

Kinda hurts like crap sometimes. No pain, no gain though. And my piercer (Church) was really nice - I think I'll go back to her again.

The family went for another bike ride again today - 20 miles this time. About 4 miles in, I fell down. It's kinda a long story, so I'll just say I slowed to a stop but didn't put my feet down on the ground and the bike tipped over onto a nice cushiony pile of rocks and gravel. Tractors and ice cold cokes may have been involved.

I have yet to play frisbee. (Maybe I can get my dad to?)

4 comments:

  1. beware...you get one.. and then you get more.. and more.. see what getting your nose pierced did to you!?

    mwahahahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get mine done too! I'm thinking maybe I'll get it done as reward for losing weight (when I do) or something. That's what long hair is for... to hide piercings. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeska - but waiting 2 years after i had my nose done? i don't think that's too bad... and i only wanted my tragus done because a girl at work had it and i thought it was adorable. i forgot to mention that once it heals, i'm going to put a stud in instead of a hoop. same thing with my rook, if i do end up getting that done. i'll have classy piercings!

    mandy - i said the same thing!! what interview am i going to go to with my hair up? i look more professional with my hair down anyway. she brought up how immature the nose ring makes me look too - seriously, i don't think it's that big of a deal.

    we have the official word on how gay a tragus piercing is: it's only gay if you have your tragus done on the right side, and even then, it's usually not a big deal. (thank goodness!! i was worried i would have to start praying for my future WIFE!) however, if a guy has his right tragus pierced, then he's gay. (seems kind of obvious?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh... I was planning on getting my right tragus done because I left cartilidge pierced and I wanted to balance piercings... oh man... Oh well I've got a little while before I'm going to get done. Maybe I'll discover I'm gay before then. :-p Scott will be so sad... hmm or maybe not!

    ReplyDelete