Monday, February 14, 2011

'Member That Time?

'Member that time when I was absentmindedly playing with one of those big rubber "poppers" and watching tv at the same time? And remember how I absentmindedly stuck it to my forehead because the suction felt funny? I left it on there for the rest of the show, mostly because I forgot about it.

Then, remember how I went into the kitchen to ask about dinner and my mom took one look at me and burst out laughing hysterically? Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to avoid the consequences of suctioning the toy to my head and I had a giant hickey right in the middle of my forehead.

Fortunately for me it was winter, so I could pull my headband down over my forehead as I walked to school alone. Unfortunately for me, it was not winter inside the school and I was forced to take my headband off. No one ever said anything to my face about the hickey, but in 5th grade, that type of gossip spreads like wildfire. Good thing I moved away 2 years later.

I'll never be able to live that week of humiliation, especially since there are pictures. (thank you mom.)

2 comments:

  1. did we try to cover it with makeup, unsuccessfully??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even attempt! I can't believe mom didn't think of that (or, if she did, let me)! I was much too innocent to even consider such a thing.

    ReplyDelete