Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sick day?

I thought I had out-smarted the system.

See, whenever you say something with complete confidence, the universe turns around, takes notice, and hits you where it hurts to ruin that confidence.

"I have a super power. I cannot get sick."

I've been around SO many sick people lately. Flu, influenza, really nasty colds, weird coughs, viral pleurisy, my roommate had strep possibly....I've seen it all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not intentionally putting myself in harms way; it's more-so sharing life with my brothers and sisters in Christ, the good and bad. Life can't be all peaches and ice cream, right?

(Why peaches and ice cream....?)

I figured, if I claim this enough, karma would come back to bite me. Lo and behold...

I woke up this morning with a mildly irritated throat that feels dry all the time. Is that all you got, Universe?!?! Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment