Monday, February 14, 2011

New Step!

Lately, I've been thinking about/wishing/wanting a mentor - someone who's older and wiser and can pour their wealth of wisdom on me and challenge me.

Of course, I'm surrounded by amazing women around my age who care for me deeply and love me no matter what mood I'm in (which, admittedly, hasn't been very fun lately...I'm feeling run down and beat up by life); it would take me forever to list all of them out. But there's something different/lovely/inspiring about having a Godly older woman who has experienced life and can share those experiences and lessons with you.

I finally asked an amazing woman who's on our coordinating team for Perspectives and who I completely respect to be that person for me. Without hesitation, she answered yes.

She blew me away after Perspectives when she approached me to talk more and said that this past year (since she first met me, really), she's been praying that I would seek someone out to play that role in my life and that I would grow in wisdom.

She's been praying for me!! For the past year!! I know you know the feeling (at the very least, I hope you do) when you find out someone has been earnestly seeking God on your behalf. Complete joy and elation! Kindergarten word = warm fuzzies EVERYWHERE.

And surprise surprise...Satan tries worms his way in to rob me of my joy by placing doubt in my mind. Nope, not this time (or any time, preferably). This is from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment