Monday, January 17, 2011

'Member That Time?

'Member that time when I finally confided in my dad that I liked a boy in my 2nd grade class, and he suggested I write him a note telling him so? And 'member how I snuck the "i like you" note in his desk during recess? And then I got anxious when he didn't respond so I put another "i like you" note in his desk the next day? And 'member he approached me WITH HIS GUY FRIEND and asked whether I meant as a friend or as a more than a friend? And how I blurted out in a panic "Asafriend!" as my cheeks became enflamed with embarrassment?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that never happened.

linked up from Paige

2 comments:

  1. after being so insistent and assertive that you left him not one, but TWO notes, you just gave up? i'm disappointed in 7-year-old dani. if you had been honest with him, maybe you guys would be married by now. did you ever think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It haunts me every night. Second grade sweethearts...That's the kind of love story that makes everyone gag.

    ReplyDelete