Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time flies...

Things are definitely picking up speed as we're plowing through January! Can you believe that tomorrow is the 20th?!?! Seriously, where has this month gone? I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to wake up tomorrow and have to start end-of-the-year taxes again. This whole time thing is pretty ridiculous if you don't keep close track of it....

It's getting super hard to enjoy each day for what it is now too. I'm constantly moving from one thing to the next. 8-4, I'm working at my full-time job, and 5-9 most weekdays and 8:30-5 on Saturdays, I'm at H&R Block doing taxes. Sunday SHOULD be my sabbath, but instead I'm at Cornerstone and leading the infant room for morning services followed by Perspectives and then connection group. I enjoy the full schedule because I'm rarely left home alone to fall back into old habits (napping all afternoon/watching tv on hulu), but those little moments to myself are so valuable!

Every extra 5 minutes is nice, and it's especially wonderful when I USE that time to do something productive! Some ideas:
-Pick up a few things in the living room to clean it up
-Clean all the mirrors (amazing what this does...)
-Clean out purse (I feel like I lose a few pounds when I do this!)
-Return that phone call you keep forgetting about!
-Gather clothes that you need to take to Goodwill and put them in your car!!
-Actually take said clothes TO Goodwill!
-Download pictures from your camera onto your computer
-In fact, why don't you download that cd you've been dying for? (I've got like, 5)
-Reorganize the freezer
-If they've stuck around for a laundry cycle or two, throw unmatched socks away (seriously, why do we keep them? The dryer-pit of doom will never return them...)

I have this horrible habit of hitting the snooze button until I drag my bum body out of bed to frantically get ready for work. Guess what getting up 15 minutes earlier gets me? Time to put lotion on (luxury!!), pick up my room and get everything back in order, and usually enough time to get in a quick Bible read while my car is warming up in the driveway. 15 minutes!! I don't know how it all fits in there, but it does! And really, what good is that extra 15 minutes (interrupted at 5 minute intervals) really doing for me in the long run?

Despite having so many large demands on my time, I'm maintaining a surprising amount of sanity. Hope it stays though! Things will only get crazier when the tax season starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment