Monday, April 18, 2011

From a Few Weeks Ago

*~EDIT~* I wrote this....oh.....2 weeks ago? And never got around to posting to it because I ended up not feeling as crappy as I did before. Figured I might as well post anyway, because clearly, positive thinking and restructuring my perspective helped! Really, though, I just wanted to make the astrix and squiggles for the "edit" note. *~End Edit~*

I'm in this really stupid place right now where instead of even thinking about considering all of my blessings, all I want to do is dwell on what I don't have right now. What God has chosen to withhold from me for my good.

He totally has the right though! If He's withholding ________ from me, it's because He's got something better in mind. Regardless of what I think I need and as disappointing as it is that I don't have it, God's holding out for something better, and I think life will be a million times easier if I join Him in holding out than complaining that I don't have it NOW.

I'm well aware of the fact that I need a new perspective of where I am. And just because it's not my default to count my blessings doesn't mean that I shouldn't go there when my attitude is rather childish. So here it goes....

Not only do I have an amazing immediate family (I can't imagine having a better set of Godly parents who have an incredible marriage and I have an equally amazing relationship with each one of my siblings), but my extended family is also pretty rocking. I'm incredibly blessed that we're all within the same state and even town with some!

Working out hard with people creates an automatic bond. (Writing that now seems really dumb. "Hey, we have a common interest! Let's be friends." Yeah, that makes sense) I'm loving the friendships that I've build from being in Surefire Bootcamp. I've met some amazing people that I probably wouldn't have known otherwise, and I'm so grateful for the encouragement they give me and that I can give back. I've contemplated moving to a different time for working out, but honestly, the 5am class is best. Everyone else is weird.

Despite not being able to go to connection group for the past month because of my sheer exhaustion from people (NEVER thought I'd say that), they've continued to lift me up and pray for me and my family and future decisions. Having that kind of spiritual backing is really encouraging and I love them to death for it.

I have a job that completely pays all my bills and while I don't have a whole lot extra to throw around at debt, I'm blessed just to be able to be where I am. I have job security, and regardless of how bad the economy is (or was), I'm needed here and that's made known on a regular basis. I'm appreciated and trusted, and I love hearing Darrell say, "Thank you Danielle" at the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great post. You need to meet my friend Anna because I think you guys have some of the same "waiting" issues right now. Check out her blog here:

    http://recklesstrust.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting.html

    I also think the 5 AM folks rock, and I'm glad I got to meet you there!

    ReplyDelete