Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mowin'

I mowed for the first time this year. (Our neighbor did about a week ago) I was kind of dreading it. I'm not fond of it, but since our duplex-mate shoveled all winter, it's only fair.

I think the mower knew I didn't want to be with it, so it was extra gracious. I filled it with gas and pulled the starter (?) and she fired up first try!!! Amazing!!

Mowing really isn't too bad. (with the exception of the dirt clods that somehow catch the blade and get thrown straight back making a direct beeline for my face. That part is not fun.) Especially when a good portion of your lawn is creeping charlie and doesn't grow. On the plus side, since creeping charlie has turned brown and our yard is DEFINITELY the eye-sore of the neighborhood, lettin' 'er grow an extra week doesn't make a huge difference. Woot.

1 comment:

  1. creepin' charlie brown, you say....?

    yeah. i just went there :D

    ReplyDelete