Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Now my hands taste weird. :(

My friend Jodi made an amazing looking salad the other day, and I've been dying to try it!! It was a mexican salad and it had lettuce and spinach chopped up, taco seasoning (i think), avocado chunks, tomatoes, salsa, ranch, and tortilla chips. Yum!!!

So in an effort to be more healthy, I thought I'd give it a shot and bought the stuff this week. Tonight, I tackled the avocado and somehow extracting that....thing from it's shell. After a bit of trial and error and lots of annoying cuts and incisions, I got my chopped avocado!! I rewarded myself by popping a piece in my mouth. After 2.5 bites (the first two were quick; the third, I realized something was up), I spewed it from my mouth (into the garbage, of course). Disgusting!!! It was bitter and hard and I don't know what that tasted like, but it was not avocado!!!!

In an effort to cleanse that bitter taste from my mouth, I had to make myself a bowl of vanilla ice cream and strawberry syrup. I'm pretty sure nothing else would have worked.

So....I'm afraid I wasted my time and money chopping up that stupid thing. Is it just not ripe enough? Should I put it in a container and let it sit in the fridge till it ripens a little and gets just a little softer? Or in my cupboard? Or should I toss the whole thing?

I swear, Fareway is turning me off of their fresh produce SO fast.... I'm getting to the point where I am quite dissatisfied...

No comments:

Post a Comment