Saturday, May 21, 2011

"My Writing Book" by Danielle

Throughout the past few years, I've become less and less sentimental. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I have no tolerance for moving a ridiculous amount of stuff around; while it's fun to reminisce for a few moments when I come across an old school project or useless trinket, in the long run, it doesn't feel worth it to carry these boxes around with me.

(I just cleaned out my closet and found a medium box full of jewelry boxes. I had 8 ring boxes and 3 necklace boxes plus some others. I do not have that many pieces of nice jewelry, and have no idea how I got them all. Also, I've been moving them around with me for at least the past 4 years. face palm.)

But I think I may have come across something I may keep; it's too funny not to. It's a "writing book" from when I was 8 1/2 (I made a very clear point of listing my age).

Apparently, I...
  • loved everything related to school (reading, writing, math, "siens", going TO school)
  • loved going to Fareway and Walmart
  • liked kids who like playing with me (speak much of low self-esteem?)
  • feel like a winner when I totally dominate my sister on everything (paraphrased of course...I didn't know the word dominate, but it's pretty clear that's what I meant)
  • think kids are awful, ugly, owl, queen, glad, kitten, and feel (I think I was on something)
  • would like a cold glass of water
  • knew that getting married now would never happen (at 8 1/2?! Apparently, that was on my mind then too...)
  • January to March would never happen either (...)
  • know that a good reason for going to school is to learn about the "human boty" (hahaha)
Young me was kind of hilarious. This is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment