Friday, February 6, 2009

~sigh~

I got asked out today (I think). And I'm PRETTY sure it was at the encouragement of my fellow accounting friends who KNOW I am not interested. Gah!

[Male accounting friend] said the other day, "You and [this guy] should go out. You'd be good together." Yeah...until I strangle him. We've gotten into too many arguments and I know I wouldn't get along with him at all. He's nice and all, a Christian too. But we differ on too many things.

Yet despite my telling [male accounting friend] if he values [this guy] as a friend (alive), he shouldn't encourage him. But the fact that [this guy] asked me out to dinner tonight at LTP tells me someone finally convinced him to get the cajones. D___.

Fortunately for me, I was able to use the excuse, "Sorry, I'm in Arkansas!" (How many times do you get to use that one?!) But next time....jeez. I'm going to have to tell him, "Nope, never going to happen."

I hate being the bearer of bad news. :(

4 comments:

  1. it seems we both have boy problems.
    broblems? boyblems?
    i'm going to commit sui-guy'd?

    seriously though.
    i have never been this conflicted in my whole entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yepp.
    but that's the thing.
    i apologized to brian for being unable to give him my heart because it was unknowingly with someone else.
    i can't even tell you what a mess i am in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do girls like being asked to dinner? that seems weird to me. where did we get the idea that sitting down and watching somebody eat is a good place to get to know someone? you'd think we'd pick something that didn't involve our mouths being full half the time.

    seriously though, what do girls think of guys who can think of nothing better than dinner? do girls appreciate creativity or is it better to stick to the same ol' same ol'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My disdain for the date had nothing to do with what we were doing. :)

    You are right, going out for dinner is hard to do; the only time to talk is before and afterwards and I HATE being caught with a question when my mouth is full. In my opinion, "getting to know you" dates should be over coffee or minigolf or something where mouths aren't full. Regular "I already know you and it's clear I like you" dates are over dinner (and the fun stuff mentioned above).

    Not to say I'd be turned off by someone asking me out for the first time over dinner. They just better be careful when they ask me questions. :)

    Summary answer: dinner dates aren't bad, but creative ones will catch her attention more. Both are fine overall.

    ReplyDelete