Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trips, Cuts, and Falls

Wow, so much has happened... So much to tell! (I already wrote a blog filling you all in on my weekend to Arkansas, but Internet died and Blog was buried with it in the backyard)

Arkansas was amazing--we went to NW Arkansas, the wealthy area (no red necks) and had a great time. It was a much needed vacation, and by the time I got back, I was VERY refreshed and ready to get back to the grind. And I met a boy. :D

Yesterday, I donated plasma and then went to get my hair cut. About an hour into the cut (she was taking her time doing my hair), I got dizzy and nauseous. When I got up to use the restroom, I blacked out, lost consciousness momentarily, and collapsed on the floor of the bathroom doorway. I've never had this happen before, and it was quite the experience. Looking back, I was more concerned about making it to the bathroom than the fact that I was no longer able to see (from blacking out). I had one destination in mind, and was determined to make it there, regardless of the fact that I had no idea what I needed to do.

If it weren't for the fact that passing out doesn't usually imply all is well with you, it would have been amazing. I do vaguely remember a woman standing over me after I fell and asking me several times if I was ok before she went and got help. And then as I'm throwing up and still dizzy and still on the floor, all the hair stylists were asking if I was ok over and over again. I wasn't sure myself, but I'm thinking that if someone is collapsed on the floor, disoriented and can't really move, she's probably not ok. :)

Turns out I was just dehydrated from donating since I hadn't eaten beforehand or drank much other than sweet tea (I'm hooked again, thanks to Arkansas). The EMTs and Parametics told me several times that I need to be more careful when donating and were definitely not amused by any jokes I tried to tell.

Needless to say, I didn't finish my haircut and currently have a "Great Clips" cut. I can't wait till we finish it--I hate it currently. :(

On an unrelated note, my big toe hurts like crazy and I can't hardly walk on it. Oh, medical ailments!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Scary stuff! I'm glad your okay. Hopefully you get your hair fixed soon. Its never fun to feel ashamed of your hair cut. I need a cut real bad but haven't gotten around to finding a stylist up here in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's crazy! you definitely need to be more careful!

    i'm glad you're ok and i'm glad you had fun in arkansas. it sounds like you were around the fayetteville area? i love that place.

    ReplyDelete