Monday, February 2, 2009

Hmm...I have no profile picture. This should probably be changed, but I'm not sure I'll ever remember to do this.

I'm on day 3 of sans facebook and I'm surprised at how many times I have the urge to go on. I mean, I knew I was on facebook a lot, but it seems like any moment I have any downtime whatsoever, my first instinct is hit up the old addiction (that word really should be that hard to spell, but it took me 4 times to get it right--I kept getting confused with "actual"). I haven't accomplished much with all this new time, though; probably because I'm still transitioning. Maybe this will become a prolonged experiment? Two weeks instead of just one? It just might be necessary. I do miss being in touch with everyone though--I feel so detached from the world. However, this could be an internet-induced lame excuse my brain formulated to convince myself facebook really IS needed. We'll see once the screaming banshees in my head calm down. (wow, I actually spelled banshees right on the first try!)

I've given up the MIS minor in lieu of a Finance minor. The MIS minor provides no programming (which was the point of picking it up) and if I do those classes along with the minor, I might as well do the major and stay until DECEMBER 2010. Holy crap, no. Finance is close to Accounting and is a nice compliment, not to mention I already know the basics of Finance anyway (having already taken 3 years of "time value series of money" or whatever-the-crap it's called). So now I just have to pick the classes, fill out the paperwork, and officially subject myself to another semester of drudgery. Yay.

I'm taking a road trip to Arkansas this Friday-Sunday; I'm pretty excited about this despite the destination. I have never really been on a road trip or to Arkansas, so it will be, at the very least, a new experience. I'm going to tote along my portable DVD player so we have something to watch on the 8 hour drive there. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is when I will make the first leg of the trip: back to MP. Perhaps writing it all out would help sort out the jumbling options that are 2-stepping in my head. Background: we're leaving from Burlington at 10am on Friday. So my two options are coming home Thursday night or Friday morning.
  • First, Shane is coming to SALT for the first time this Thursday and I really want to see him. I also wanted to take him out when he came to Ames (Jessi too). One of my favorite things to do is to go to Justin's house after SALT and hang out with family. With Shane there, the more the merrier! However, if I stay Thursday night, I will no doubt be up late and would have to leave at 6:30 to get to Burlington on time. I don't do well with getting up early and driving long distances.
  • My other option is to skip SALT on Thursday and head home right after our SIFE meeting (at 6:30) and spend the night in MP, then drive to Burlington the next morning.

Clearly, option two seems like the better option: driving at optimal time, and maximum sleep (seeing as both mom and Lauren have things going on Friday morning and have to go to bed). But option one is so much more fun!! Thursdays are my favorite because of SALT and Justin's house afterwards. If you take those away, my ambition to get up Thursday morning is nearly nonexistent! Gah!! To be responsible, or to live for gratifying pleasures....(it's a tough decision!)

I've got two exams on Thursday as well and today is the only day I will be able to study. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I'm absolutely swamped with school and work and very minimal free time. Unfortunately for me, I'm feeling highly unmotivated and am not looking forward to having several chapters to read.

Speaking of which (kinda), how do you study slides? I didn't buy the book for LSMC cause he said it was more for reference and not really needed for exams. Other than just reading through the slides over and over again, how do I study? It's kinda the same situation with Marketing...he lectures, but his notes are sporatic and hard to tie together. More like random facts and statistics (surely he wouldn't test on those?).

Anyway, time to go be utterly useless in class (aka unconscious).

3 comments:

  1. i vote salt. screw everything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - blog more.
    #2 - i am dying of cramps and it's a visceral horror.
    #3 - i saw this and thought of you.
    http://tinyurl.com/d55tb5

    #4 - see #3 for where i came up with my own.


    I love you because:
    [ ] you like phil collins

    [ ] you enjoy the musical stylings of the beastie boys

    [ ] you agree that beans are a fabulous addition to any meal

    [ ] you have fabulous taste in movies, music and books.

    [x] other: __uh....__


    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i needed a fourth box. don't be offended. also, are you entirely off facebook? or what? i couldn't find your profile at all.

    ReplyDelete