Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lies. So sad.

We left at 7 and got lost so we didn't make it to Tai Chi - no big loss though. The class consisted of a bunch of old men on those large stability balls. Instead, we used some of the weight equipment and "warmed up" on a treadmill (think very leisurely walk).

Turbo Kick wasn't too bad, but I'm not a fan of punching and kicking the air (I need a body) so I don't think I'll be doing it again. About half way through, the instructor said, "Ok, when you hear the bell, we'll start the cardio!" WTF? What did we just do for the past 40 minutes!? For pete's sake!

Next up is yoga. Only it's not yoga on the schedule, it's PiYo. Cool, I can do that. Only the instructor isn't there, we have a sub. And we're doing Pilates. Crap. 45 minutes of ab work. I did about 20 minutes because I was dying. And mom was dying too, but only because she was laughing hysptiercally. She told me later she laughed so hard she nearly threw up. We were the only ones in the class, so I half expected the instructor to notice us not doing anything. If she did, she kept it to herself because she just plowed through everything. I've never been more grateful for 45 minutes to end!

Drums Alive was next; that one was pretty fun. We beat on large stability balls with drumsticks to certain beats and danced around. But after excersizing for 2 1/2 hours prior, I was a bit lack-luster in my dance moves. I was singled out. :( I'm sorry, but I've exerted more energy in the past few hours than I have in a long, long time!! My energy level has nearly been depleted!! Back off, lady.

We crossed the street to eat Subway afterwards, and halfway across, we saw a van approaching. All of us stopped dead in our tracks (in mid step) and just stared at the van with a deer-in-the-headlights look. It was hilarious--you probaby had to be there. (Especially funny if you were in the van)

We absolutely crashed on the way home and even when we got home, I was out for several hours. Then Shane and I went exploring in our 2 acres of timber behind the house. Woot!

Overall, very good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment