Monday, March 9, 2009

no. way.

First off, God is so freaking awesome; He rocks my face off!!!

As I said before, I'm getting my CPA and working in missions. To actually receive the certification, you have to work with a public accounting firm (AEGON, Deloitte & Touche, Earnst & Young, ect) for 2 years. As disappointing as it was, I would have to delay entering the mission feild for 3 years. Sucks, much.

HOWEVER, it's been brought to my attention that as long as I work under a CPA (which may be a little difficult to find in a not-for-profit organization, but still very possible), this 2 year experience requirement is fulfilled.

Really? Seriously? It's going to be that easy?

God, you ROCK!!!

I need to make a couple phone calls to verify all this and ask a few other questions (whether the CPA is transferable across state lines), but if the CPA advisor at ISU is correct, I'm good to go!!

(This does mean, however, that I won't be able to pay off student loans in 1 year. Big bummer.)

Disclaimer:
My apologies for the uninteresting posts (I'm sure you're not all as excited about CPA certification rules and regulations as I am). It's kinda what I'm pumped up about the most, so it's hard to think about anything else at this point! I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything interesting or quirky to write about. I AM paying attention though; the lack of comments IS telling me something!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading even though I'm not always commenting! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to see what awesome stuff you can do with your CPA!

    p.s. the first time I tried to post this the "visual verification" picture didn't load. hmmm odd.

    ReplyDelete